Friday, February 18, 2011

Venturing More into the world of Just Mommies

This week I have had more time to read some discussion groups and write some posts on JustMommies.com.  I found it very interesting in some of the discussion boards that you can't go into them if you are new the board. I find it a little unfair? But I guess some older members want some privacy and space. I found a lot of interesting stuff that I could use for Aiden. I found out some new games that I am going to try out this weekend.  I am still looking for more information on how to get him to sleep through the night. (Oh 8-9 hours of straight sleep I miss you.) I don't have the heart to just let him cry it out. I did try it one night out of desperation and he was so upset he threw up. So I am still waiting and praying.
In my next search I am going to get some ideas to help with his speech. He doesn't say a lot of words yet and I am pretty concerned. My nephew is 23 months and says few words so I really don't want to let it go till then.  The moms on the site seems to have a lot of good ideas and are very friendly. I am enjoying this website. When your a new mom, you crave so much information for your child. You always want to make sure you are doing a good job.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,

    It sounds like you have your hands full! I do remember craving information when I first began raising children! I think the challenge for you will not be finding information (as it was for me), but sorting through it all! There is so much information now on anything you want to know about that it is sometimes difficult to discern what is good and/or useful. I will pray you find a good answer to your dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being new mom in the technology age can be overwhelming. Like Darlene said, you will have to sort through the information and decide what is useful and what is garbage, and let me tell you there is so much out their that is garbage. The sleep thing is rough, but crying it out is the only thing that work for me with both my children. For the speech thing, they will start talking when they are ready. We had our oldest, now 6 and classifies gifted, observed by a speech pathologist at 2 1/2. The speech pathologist told us to be patient. We had the same concerns with out youngest, now 4, at about the same age and now we can not get him to ever stop talking. Both were slow to start but by 3 were talking pretty well. And remember, watch what you with for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle,
    What an exciting time with Aiden. They grow and develop so much during this age, and it's great to watch! The site you found sounds perfect for you. I bet it will be nice to hear other moms going through some similar issues, and being able to help each other through those situations. I remember when my kids were that age, and being comforted by other moms going through the same kinds of things as me. Good luck as you work through Aiden's sleeping pattern!
    -Krista

    ReplyDelete