Last night I was reading my discussion board on justmommies.com and it made me actually feel at peace. I was reading a few posts of other mothers and how their situations are similar to mine. I think when your a first time mother you don't know what is normal or not normal. But when you hear other people have similar things happen to them. You finally feel that your not alone. Many times as a mom you feel lonely. You feel like oh my gosh I have to do this and this and this.... Everything becomes so overwhelming that you don't want to talk to anyone and feel helpless.
On the flip side the digital citizenship is actually really positive. All the moms are all positive and really supportive. No one judges and seems the main goal is to support everyone. I really am enjoying being part of of this discussion group. It has been really helpful being a new mom. My son means everything to me and it's so helpful to get great tips from other moms.
Danielle,
ReplyDeleteI totally understand how you feel about being alone. When my son was under a year old, I was always wondering if I was doing things correct or if there was other moms going through similar situations. I really had a hard time with comparing my situation with others and it took me a long time to get over that. Many people told me that all children reach milestones at different rates. Sounds like you are doing a great job- keep up the great work!